New to this years model is an optional 1080P multi-touch screen. The tutorial on reddit says it should be a MXIC MX25L3205D. The steps below apply to all QHD models. A screen upgrade isn't something posted in their service manual, but it's just as easy as installing a new hard drive or swapping out another component. The rest is done from the right-click menu. I would like to put a 1600x900 screen on it, an Msata drive for the os (64/120gb) While the msata ssd upgrade is easy like a ram upgrade. 1 and 7, open Device manager by press Windows + R key, type devmgmt. The ThinkPad T-series is Lenovo's bread and butter business notebook. laptopreviews. I did some googling and found the thinkwiki suggestions for an upgrade but it was last updated in 2015 so I was hoping to see if there were any more recent solutions. Well apparently it's a $1000 topup, I can probably sell my used T420 at $700 and get a new T430 max specs at $1700, that's why its a thousand dollars top up. All I do is edit the default menu to include the programs I install. For the freshest produce, find us on Facebook for the latest teardown news. 0" WXGA HD LED DIODE (Substitute Only. com the only thing I'm lacking is my graphics card. MERGED QUESTION Question from usman4575 : "Thinkpad T430 RAM upgrade problem" I have a thinkpad T430 with 4GB RAM, I had an extra 4GB of Kingston DDR3 RAM too with which I am attempting to upgrade the secondary slot if my t430 but my laptop gives a black screen although for a few times it did recognize the RAM but not anymore. today in this video i'll show you how to change your Lenovo Thinkpad T430 Keyboard. The rest is done from the right-click menu. Please help me if you have some savior solution for my laptop. It supports fast charging. This major update is available today, but you might still be waiting a while to download it. txt file on his page on my site that describes how he implements icons on his Fluxbox menu. On the next screen I said “No” to including additional components in the repository. I'd like to do the following things: - Remove wifi whitelist - Unlock advanced bios options - Disable Intel ME - Enable overclocking Thank you!. Even though there's no easy-access upgrade panel, it's simple enough to add 4 or 8GB of additional RAM to the ThinkPad T440s on your own, if you follow these steps. laptopreviews. Lenovo Thinkpad T430 screen Lenovo T440 Hard Drive SSD MSATA and RAM removal or upgrade procedures. Both PCs will do what you want very well. No shipping or additional costs are accounted for. Windows 10 tries to fix that problem with a separate full-screen tablet mode that it hopes will soothe angry desktop users. After clicking on screen 2, scroll down below: "Multiple display", where there is an unchecked box labelled "Make this my display". uk: Computers & Accessories. So if you use a 27" card from any of the 3 years you will have internal screen/EFI Boot screen. Solved: Hi, I want to upgrade my t430 Laptop to 16/32 GB RAM. Updating graphics drivers entails a slightly different process than that described above, as in many cases, you must download the driver update from the manufacturer of your graphics card - not the manufacturer of your laptop or desktop computer. Lenovo Thinkpad E470 Disassembly and SSD, HDD, RAM upgrade options Facebook Twitter Reddit. My laptop is Lenovo T430, I upgraded my system from windows 8. While the matte screen on our configuration didn't wow, you can upgrade to a sharper and brighter 1600 x 900 display for $50. Usually when login secure. Is it possible to upgrade the screen to FHD ? If so, is it an easy. If you do choose to download them you can select them and add them (using the Export feature) to the bundles so your servers update to them. Built around a 23in. I've read a lot about upgrading a T430 screen, but not a T530 screen. Not a ) $33. Unfortunately, the old tutorial on thinkwiki is outdated; however, it only takes a little ingenuity to add that splash screen again. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the BIOS update to your computer. If this fixes the flashing screen, then you can run Windows Update to install new drivers. The T510 offers optional NVIDIA NVS 3100M dedicated graphics. I have a T440s laptop, product ID: 20AQCTO1WW. With the 14-inch diagonal screen. If you are upgrading from 1366x768 to 1600x900, you will need an HD+ cable. [Guide] Lenovo T430 - El Capitan the t430 doesn't have a great screen at all I could not get the update-install of Sierra working on my T430. a different cable is needed than the one that comes with the 60 hz one though. Powerful, expandable and quiet. Refer to this guide, you can install a new keyboard on your T430. Theoretically you can change it using a Reflow machine, but it is quite a fuss. Method 3: Troubleshoot hardware issues. Unfortunately, the old tutorial on thinkwiki is outdated; however, it only takes a little ingenuity to add that splash screen again. I want to upgrade the old 1366 x 768 matte and upgrade to a 1600 x 900 glossy when I look on lenovo they do not have one avail out of stock, same with laptopscreens. The screen isn't so important as I typically use an external monitor most of the time when not travelling. System Update In some ways this replicates the Windows Update settings, ensuring you've got the latest security patches from Microsoft. I've got a similar issue running 11. If you think too many sacrifices are being made to other parts of the computer, then go with the T430. i'm entering a statistics master's program, and the laptop i have won't cut it for what i need to do. Keyboard removal and installation - ThinkPad T430 and T430i. Only 3 left in stock - order soon. Hi I upgraded my del inspiron (windows 7) with 10 the user screen comes on and then the start screen then the screen flashes on and off it keeps going like this for a bit and then goes blank with just the cursor on I have not got nortons or the I cloud any ideas as the computer shop is chargind £30 to fix it. Replacing / upgrading the horrible OEM lenovo t430 & t420 to a leaps better LG LP-140WD2 (TL G1) panel used in the Alienware m14x R2. I want to upgrade to 8gb which is enough for my use. I've read a lot about upgrading a T430 screen, but not a T530 screen. The tutorial on reddit says it should be a MXIC MX25L3205D. New to this years model is an optional 1080P multi-touch screen. 60 GHz) 4 GB Memory 250 GB HDD 14. Had anyone used this ram on a T430? Is it safer to stick to 1600mhz? what opinions. com the only thing I'm lacking is my graphics card. I've heard about FHD IPS upgrade kits for the T430s, but not for the T430. Screen keep black all the time. During the boot, the BIOS notices that it has a new EC update staged; It then checks if it is safe to flash this update to the EC. The steps below apply to all QHD models. Detailed Specifications T430, T430i- Architecture - Communications- Expansion - Power- Operating Environment - Security- Software - Storage- Video. Awaiting for reply. Trail begins on date of hardware purchase. Lenovo Thinkpad E470 Disassembly and SSD, HDD, RAM upgrade options Facebook Twitter Reddit. Anyone know if T430 and T420 uses the same monitor screen? I was thinking if its possible to change to my T420 display if i were to upgrade to a T430. This major update is available today, but you might still be waiting a while to download it. Are any available, and if so, where can I get one??. "" data-reactid=""33"">The Wall Street Journal reports Juul has also developed a t430 09 vpn yf yj f vending. In this video, I restore a ThinkPad T440P by upgrading the screen, trackpad, and install RAM and an SSD. Windows 10 tries to fix that problem with a separate full-screen tablet mode that it hopes will soothe angry desktop users. Re: T420/T430 FHD kit! #18 Post by mario24601 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:35 pm Got mine in the mail, have it installed but the screen is all black when boot into windows. Yes, you can convert the T430 to 1080p Its a bit of work, and you have to buy a converter board off ebay, but you can use the 440p screen in it. Windows users shouldn't run away, there's a lot of useful information for them as well. How to update graphics driver. The ThinkPad X1 Carbon is one of those old-fashioned laptops whose screen doesn't rotate fully. I've tried with clean installation, it said the PWM program is not compatible with windows 10. As soon as the AC adapter is unplugged the device shuts down due to it being out of charge. It will take only a minute to reset Kali Linux. We review the Lenovo ThinkPad T430, After watching a full-screen video on Hulu for 15 minutes, the T430's touchpad measured 76 degrees Fahrenheit. First, my audio is not working, which have been in good shape throughout the initial steps up until the last update. com Lenovo 2356LPG motherboard BIOS - Thinkpad_T430 Free instant access to BIOS tips! Fill in your name and email and receive our ebook 'How to update your PC BIOS in 3 easy steps' (15$ value) , free BIOS tips and updates about Wim's BIOS!. El Capitan Laptop. Lenovo T440s RAM: What You Need. Please note that upgrading the screen may void your warranty. Might be due to an update. T430s in which I demonstrate the difference in thickness, ports, and weight. Thinkpad T430 laptops (as well as T430s, T420 and T420s) are equipped with awful screens. I've got a similar issue running 11. If you think too many sacrifices are being made to other parts of the computer, then go with the T430. I would like to put a 1600x900 screen on it, an Msata drive for the os (64/120gb) While the msata ssd upgrade is easy like a ram upgrade. If you do choose to download them you can select them and add them (using the Export feature) to the bundles so your servers update to them. The general. How to fix blue screen problems during upgrade on Windows 10. Method 3: Troubleshoot hardware issues. It reads that one slot of RAM in T440 is soldered and you can upgrade to up to a maximum of 12 GB instead of 16 GB in T430. All I do is edit the default menu to include the programs I install. The X230 has a 12. The frame on both sides of the screen has a thickness of 8. I hope you are well. This major update is available today, but you might still be waiting a while to download it. You have no time to lose when you trip over an OS crash. HP Sure View privacy screen is an optional feature and requires factory configuration at time of purchase. by Sebi's Random Tech. 6" notebook from Lenovo that competes head-to-head with the HP EliteBook 8540p and the Dell Latitude E6510. So far my BIOS is untouched and I just got hold of the necessary tools today. I can verify that the i7-3740qm runs perfectly in a T430, even with a delta fan for igpu. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T430 and it's all around the best laptop I've ever owned. 6 on Thinkpad T430 Almost Perfect! Thread -> manually last patch for screen turn on after. If you are upgrading from 1366x768 to 1600x900, you will need an HD+ cable. Screen/display upgrades for T430. The Start menu then goes full screen as do Windows Store apps and Settings. View the Dell PowerEdge T440 Tower Server and shop all of our Servers at Dell. I have Lenovo Ideapad Z510 with Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and NVIDIA GeForce 840M and I cannot adjust the screen brightness, I think now it is 100%. I am thinking about replacing it with a 1080p IPS screen that's easy to install (not interest in doing any mods, just take the old one out and put the new one in). I would like to know if the screen replacement is posible. It reads that one slot of RAM in T440 is soldered and you can upgrade to up to a maximum of 12 GB instead of 16 GB in T430. El Capitan Laptop. Well apparently it's a $1000 topup, I can probably sell my used T420 at $700 and get a new T430 max specs at $1700, that's why its a thousand dollars top up. screen, the ThinkCentre. Once you know, you Newegg!. Lenovo Vantage is a new application that makes it simple to update your drivers, run device diagnostics, request support and discover apps. So you don't need one. To skip the introduction go to 6:00. by Sebi's Random Tech. Lenovo Inc. 10586, the newer version of windows 10 removed PWM from my system after I upgraded to Windows 10 Build 10586. Had anyone used this ram on a T430? Is it safer to stick to 1600mhz? what opinions. Re: T420/T430 FHD kit! #18 Post by mario24601 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:35 pm Got mine in the mail, have it installed but the screen is all black when boot into windows. The screen isn't so important as I typically use an external monitor most of the time when not travelling. Another option is to go to your computer manufacturer’s website or graphics card vendor to find your driver. i'm entering a statistics master's program, and the laptop i have won't cut it for what i need to do. Both PCs will do what you want very well. Hardware Thread, Ground Loop ( Lenovo T430 + 23 inch Lenovo Screen connected via VGA ) in Technical; In the roll out phase of swapping users from desktops to laptops + one external screen as per the title,. Yesterday there was no problems and it wasn't 100% bright. Hi Your mod completed. Is it possible to upgrade to a 1920x1080 Full HD non-touchscreen if my original screen was a 1600x900 non touchscreen? I want to just buy the screen and install it myself. Refer to this guide, you can repair, upgrade and clean your ThinkPad T430. The Start menu then goes full screen as do Windows Store apps and Settings. Thanks in advance!Hi ok, use SPI-programmer and make bios dumpHi, thanks for the fast response!. El Capitan Laptop. SHOP SUPPORT. Q&A for Ubuntu users and developers. Proof of purchase required. In this video, I restore a ThinkPad T440P by upgrading the screen, trackpad, and install RAM and an SSD. Here are three methods that can help you make your screen light up again: 1) Update graphics driver. CPU and RAM etc are good enough. now i can not log in to the system and no idea what to do. ) i'm looking at the t430 right now, with academic pricing and the loadout i want, i get it for $941. The ThinkPad W510 is Lenovo's 15. If the first option did not help, Microsoft also has the very powerful Fix It Tool 50202 that completely reinstalls Windows Update components and resets its registry entries. I have just bought a second hand T430 with the basic screen; since it is the only really horrible part plaguing an otherwise great laptop I'm planning to replace it. BSODs similar to LENOVO ThinkPad Blue Screen and a tough Windows malfunction in a great number of instances come together. Both PCs will do what you want very well. You have no time to lose when you trip over an OS crash. And, thanks to the 9-cell battery, you get more than 13 hours of endurance. SHOP SUPPORT. It's supposed to be better than most other TN panels, but it's not an IPS panel. When upgrading to a new version of Windows 10, it's common to see blue screen errors as a result of an old program, third-party. System Update enables IT administrators to distribute updates for software, drivers, and BIOS in a managed environment from a local server. Love that keyboard lighting! Now that I need ram upgrade and stumbled upon your useful article, didn’t aware about 2 diff location of RAM…. Hi there guys, sure you've had many, many posts about this before but I recently purchased a T430 and the viewing angles are terrible. but after using a 120Hz for awhile i went 60 Hz on an ultrawide and i felt like i was playing slideshow at a constant 60FPS. Not a ) $33. 7 kg) with numerous measurements, benchmarks and evaluations. We review the Lenovo ThinkPad T430, After watching a full-screen video on Hulu for 15 minutes, the T430's touchpad measured 76 degrees Fahrenheit. The tutorial on reddit says it should be a MXIC MX25L3205D. Theoretically you can change it using a Reflow machine, but it is quite a fuss. today in this video i'll show you how to change your Lenovo Thinkpad T430 Keyboard. Panel comparison (numbers from notebookcheck reviews) * AUO QHD (upgrade installed) non-HDR panel: 96% sRGB, 61% adobeRGB. My /boot/loader. Only thing I've found lacking on my custom T430 is video performance - however that's my problem because I make it run two HUGE displays for screen real estate. What would be the best way to upgrade a T530 to a IPS screen?. While the matte screen on our configuration didn't wow, you can upgrade to a sharper and brighter 1600 x 900 display for $50. 2, T430 has the 5400M and 430s has the 5200M, which I think is too close to HD4000's performance I don't even recommend the upgrade, the 5400M definitely helps things such as AutoCAD and I imagine it'll help Photoshop as well, HD4000 is good enough even for a 2560x1600 external panel. It reads that one slot of RAM in T440 is soldered and you can upgrade to up to a maximum of 12 GB instead of 16 GB in T430. There's just one small problem. Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr. by Sebi's Random Tech. Read on to find out what we like and dislike about this laptop. uk: Computers & Accessories. So I have been reading and I was told it can be done but I am not 100% sure it can. It is also possible that the problem your Lenovo laptop screen result from interference from outside or defective cable connection. A screen upgrade isn't something posted in their service manual, but it's just as easy as installing a new hard drive or swapping out another component. Even though there's no easy-access upgrade panel, it's simple enough to add 4 or 8GB of additional RAM to the ThinkPad T440s on your own, if you follow these steps. Question Lenovo Thinkpad T430/2349 Screen Upgrade: Question Help! Question Is HP Stream 11-r016TU's RAM upgradable? Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr WhatsApp Email. It was an Acer E15, one of the most popular laptops on Amazon at the time. This is the result it gave me: So it looks like I only need a slightly better graphics card. Unfortunately, the old tutorial on thinkwiki is outdated; however, it only takes a little ingenuity to add that splash screen again. New to this years model is an optional 1080P multi-touch screen. Detailed Specifications T430, T430i- Architecture - Communications- Expansion - Power- Operating Environment - Security- Software - Storage- Video. In-depth review of the Lenovo ThinkPad T440 20B6005YGE (Intel Core i7 4600U, Intel HD Graphics 4600, 14. I am thinking about replacing it with a 1080p IPS screen that's easy to install (not interest in doing any mods, just take the old one out and put the new one in). MERGED QUESTION Question from usman4575 : "Thinkpad T430 RAM upgrade problem" I have a thinkpad T430 with 4GB RAM, I had an extra 4GB of Kingston DDR3 RAM too with which I am attempting to upgrade the secondary slot if my t430 but my laptop gives a black screen although for a few times it did recognize the RAM but not anymore. The IBM ThinkPad T42 is a portable style laptop can be purchased with a 14. A screen upgrade isn't something posted in their service manual, but it's just as easy as installing a new hard drive or swapping out another component. Windows 10 Black screen with cursor. If you are upgrading from 1366x768 to 1600x900, you will need an HD+ cable. However, a new problem appeared after installation. I've heard about FHD IPS upgrade kits for the T430s, but not for the T430. Option 3: Update Bluetooth driver. Method 3: Troubleshoot hardware issues. Incidentally, these servers are an excellent choice for a home lab as you can find them dirt cheap especially on eBay. Refer to this guide, you can repair, upgrade and clean your ThinkPad T430. When I purchased this laptop, Lenovo store told me that this laptop has only one open. The ThinkPad T-series is Lenovo's bread and butter business notebook. Although the T43 is out as the update to the T42, the T42 is still very much so available and for. My /boot/loader. With a slightly more aggressive fan curve it maxes out in regards to heat at roughly 90C under sustained 100% load. ThinkPad T430 Laptop pdf manual download. Anybody else have this problem?. The tutorial on reddit says it should be a MXIC MX25L3205D. If you forgot to purchase the upgrade from Lenovo when you bought your computer, follow this guide to do so. The screen. Talk to a sales advisor at: 01256 741677. Built around a 23in. I have a T440s laptop, product ID: 20AQCTO1WW. I just bought a T430 off gumtree, but the screen is absolutely unusable, otherwise would be a great laptop for general use. Want to stay connected to the MyFixGuide. The steps below apply to all QHD models. Please help me if you have some savior solution for my laptop. I will remove the bottom case to upgrade the RAM, SSD, and HDD for my T480. Screen brightness controls don't work via acpi_ibm so I'm relying on acpi_call, or setting screen brightness during the boot process. There's just one small problem. Although the T43 is out as the update to the T42, the T42 is still very much so available and for. In this guide, I'll explain how to disassemble Lenovo ThinkPad T430 to remove and replace the optical drive, RAM, hard drive, keyboard, palm rest, screen, heat sink and cooling fan. Panel comparison (numbers from notebookcheck reviews) * AUO QHD (upgrade installed) non-HDR panel: 96% sRGB, 61% adobeRGB. I can verify that the i7-3740qm runs perfectly in a T430, even with a delta fan for igpu. Login with Amazon Try a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime * Re-login required on Woot! for benefits to take effect. On the next screen I said “No” to including additional components in the repository. Trail begins on date of hardware purchase. Both times it isn't actually charging. 0" WXGA HD LED DIODE (Substitute Only. Expand Display adapters, right click on Installed Display driver and select update driver. What I need, and can't find anywhere, is a keyboard shortcut that will allow me to restart my laptop in safe mode from the login screen. you dont really notice it going from a lifelong journey of 60fps max to 120 hz. Even one of those evil computers that tries to take over the world, it still has some sort of badly written program that says "keep everyone safe" or "win at all costs" or something that could have been worded better. I see the screen resolution is lower. All I do is edit the default menu to include the programs I install. PCoIP Zero Clients purchase must be more recent than December 1, 2017. Custom BIOS Splash Screen for New Thinkpad Series. Screen/display upgrades for T430. They appear to be identical though. I have Lenovo Ideapad Z510 with Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and NVIDIA GeForce 840M and I cannot adjust the screen brightness, I think now it is 100%. screen, the ThinkCentre. Option 3 for Windows XP, Vista and 7: run Fix It tool 50202 to reinstall Windows Update components completely. Are any available, and if so, where can I get one??. Method 3: Troubleshoot hardware issues. Buy Lenovo Laptop T430 Intel Core i5 3rd Gen 3320M (2. com/lenovo-t A comparison of the ThinkPad T430 Vs. Login with Amazon Try a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime * Re-login required on Woot! for benefits to take effect. System Update enables IT administrators to distribute updates for software, drivers, and BIOS in a managed environment from a local server. Lenovo 2356LPG motherboard BIOS - Thinkpad_T430 - Wim's BIOS. The Lenovo App Explorer is a one stop shop to discover, evaluate, choose and install apps. With a slightly more aggressive fan curve it maxes out in regards to heat at roughly 90C under sustained 100% load. today in this video i'll show you how to change your Lenovo Thinkpad T430 Keyboard. The general. Unfortunately, the old tutorial on thinkwiki is outdated; however, it only takes a little ingenuity to add that splash screen again. It is also about half the price of an i7-3840qm. txt file on his page on my site that describes how he implements icons on his Fluxbox menu. If you have the Free version of Driver Easy, click the Update button next to the flagged Bluetooth driver to automatically download the correct driver, then you can manually install it. 2) Press brightness-up button when starting up. My laptop battery had drained and then I went on holiday and since being home it displays either "0% available (plugged in, not charging)" or "0% available (plugged in, charging)". I see the screen resolution is lower. It doesn't show any thing on the screen. Lenovo ThinkPad T490 weighs of 1. PC Data Center. On the next screen I said “No” to including additional components in the repository. 1) Update graphics driver. I hope you are well. Re: T420/T430 FHD kit! #18 Post by mario24601 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:35 pm Got mine in the mail, have it installed but the screen is all black when boot into windows. I can verify that the i7-3740qm runs perfectly in a T430, even with a delta fan for igpu. Currently, I have the OEM 1600x900 TN panel, but the viewing angles are awful, and 1600x900 is a weird resolution anyway. Fix It 50202 works in Windows XP, Vista and 7 only. Detailed Specifications T430, T430i- Architecture - Communications- Expansion - Power- Operating Environment - Security- Software - Storage- Video. Screen brightness controls don't work via acpi_ibm so I'm relying on acpi_call, or setting screen brightness during the boot process. I have a T440s laptop, product ID: 20AQCTO1WW. Q&A for Ubuntu users and developers. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade. Check your messages This mod for this notebook ONLY !!!. T430s in which I demonstrate the difference in thickness, ports, and weight. The T420/T430 generally come with a 1366x768 HD screen. The X230 has a 12. Is it possible to upgrade to a 1920x1080 Full HD non-touchscreen if my original screen was a 1600x900 non touchscreen? I want to just buy the screen and install it myself. System Update In some ways this replicates the Windows Update settings, ensuring you've got the latest security patches from Microsoft. In this guide, I'll explain how to remove and replace the keyboard on Lenovo ThinkPad T430. If I want to go back to my local desktkop, I have to click "minimize window" button. ThinkPad T430 Laptop pdf manual download. Second, the battery indicator is forever showing the no battery symbol, which is a first as well; as it had been in working order from the beginning up until the last update. The ThinkPad W510 is Lenovo's 15. Currently, I have the OEM 1600x900 TN panel, but the viewing angles are awful, and 1600x900 is a weird resolution anyway. Find & buy the right laptop, tablet, desktop or server. Running an i5 6200U, a GTX 940MX, and 8 gigs of memory, it. laptopreviews. Running an i5 6200U, a GTX 940MX, and 8 gigs of memory, it. When press power button on it shows light on the power button and tries to start system then goes off. My LCD screen was cracked and I need to replace it. Get started by logging in with Amazon or try a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime *. Want to stay connected to the MyFixGuide. It does however have a different layout and is missing some keys. Overall, the ThinkPad T430 is a top-notch business notebook. The Lenovo Thinkpad xx30 series (T430, X230, T530 etc. I have found instructions that doing Shift-Restart from the login screen will restart in safe mode. The ThinkPad body has a skin-like coating on the surface, which is delicate and smooth, and the screen uses a 14-inch 1366*768 resolution screen. Windows 10 Black screen with cursor. I see the screen resolution is lower. Lenovo Thinkpad E470 Disassembly and SSD, HDD, RAM upgrade options Facebook Twitter Reddit. In this tutorial, you will learn how to recover when you forgot Kali Linux password by using Advanced options for Kali GNU/Linux from the GNU GRUB page. by Sebi's Random Tech. The good news is Lenovo prides themselves in products that are easy to modify. Both times it isn't actually charging. How to get the new Windows 10 Creators Update. I've heard about FHD IPS upgrade kits for the T430s, but not for the T430. Refer to this guide, you can repair, upgrade and clean your ThinkPad T430. I would like to put a 1600x900 screen on it, an Msata drive for the os (64/120gb) While the msata ssd upgrade is easy like a ram upgrade. While many prefer the classic keyboards, the general consensus is that the chiclet-style one doesn't feel far off. Is it possible to upgrade the screen to FHD ? If so, is it an easy. I've read a lot about upgrading a T430 screen, but not a T530 screen. In this tutorial, you will learn how to recover when you forgot Kali Linux password by using Advanced options for Kali GNU/Linux from the GNU GRUB page. Solved: Hi, I want to upgrade my t430 Laptop to 16/32 GB RAM. i'm entering a statistics master's program, and the laptop i have won't cut it for what i need to do. amd c50, 12" screen, terrible keyboard, screen that isn't viewable at any angle. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade. Option 3: Update Bluetooth driver. I was told that you're able to do bios mods for the Thinkpad T430. Well apparently it's a $1000 topup, I can probably sell my used T420 at $700 and get a new T430 max specs at $1700, that's why its a thousand dollars top up. Updating graphics drivers entails a slightly different process than that described above, as in many cases, you must download the driver update from the manufacturer of your graphics card - not the manufacturer of your laptop or desktop computer. Another option is to go to your computer manufacturer’s website or graphics card vendor to find your driver.